Translate

2021/10/03

Proverb

Hi everybody ~

Today I'm going to talk about 3 proverbs which I have never heard or understood before. 

1. Two wrongs don't make a right 


Meaning: 
:: trying to get revenge on someone who has hurt you will only make things worse. 


The way I use it: 
:: Emma and Mia are friends, they like to play puzzles after school. When they find that the puzzle is misplaced, they will not blame each other, because two wrongs don't make a right. If they blame others, things will get worse.

2. Don't count your chickens before they hatch 


Meaning: 
:: Don’t expect a positive result before you actually see it 

The way I use it:
:: I can answer all the questions in this exam, but don't count before the chickens hatch. I will prepare for the worst, even if my grades are not as good as I expected, it doesn’t matter, because I know I’ve tried my best.


3. Cleanliness is next to godliness


Meaning:
:: It's good to be clean. God is clean, and you should be too.

My way I use it:
:: Emilia and her family likes to clean their house every day. As the saying goes, cleanliness is next to godliness. So habitually cleaning the house every day is a habit that their family has cultivated since childhood.


Before I end this blog, I feel sorry if you see that I used the wrong words or any mistakes, thank you for coming my blog, goodbye~

No comments:

The 2 minutes video

  Hi everybody ~  Here we meet again hahaha ~~  In this blog I gonna share with you a video about a talk our class did last Friday (22/10). ...